Our Vision is to transform Nyeland Acres, Oxnard, California, into a prosperous community filled with hope and pride.
The Nyeland Promise is designed to provide the residents of Nyeland Acres with support, resources, advocacy, encouragement, services and basic needs to transform their lives and families. These goals were inspired by the United Nations Goals for Sustainable Development
adopted in 2015 to “Transform our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.”
This will be accomplished by coordinating educational programs for residents, securing safety needs, improving quality of life, creating neighborhood pride, and developing economic growth. Through strong partnerships with the County of Ventura, FOOD Share, Oxnard College, and many others, we can transform one of the most disadvantaged community in Ventura County and create a pathway to a better life.
We are grateful for all of our partners in the community helping create a better life for our residents.
For more information or ways to connect, contact us at
Nyeland Promise, 3701 Orange Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036
Federal ID# 83-2109489
Nyeland Promise Overview
Nyeland Promise Overview
We have six major areas as our cornerstone programs:
1. Quality Education -- Develop an educational culture at all levels. Our goal is to offer subsidized internet connectivity to 100 families beginning June 2020. We are raising funds for this and have met 50% of our goal.
2. Good Health and Well-Being -- Support good healthy habits, provide outlets for citizens. We developed a contract with Oxnard College Dental Hygiene program to provide cleaning, sealants, and other services to 80 children during the year.
3. Quality of Life -- Encourage peace, justice, and pride, reduce poverty and create a sense of community. We are actively cleaning up the neighborhood of abandoned vehicles and graffiti. We offer opportunities to build a strong sense of community.
4. Sustainable Communities -- Create an inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable community. We are in discussions with the City of Oxnard to develop an emergency back-up connection. Additional equipment has been added to reduce electricity at one water co.
5. Zero Hunger -- Eliminate hunger in Nyeland Acres. We established a Food Pantry in February 2019 and served more than 80,000 pounds of food through these pantries. We will continue to offer this service to our residents.
6. Economic growth -- Provide residents with economic opportunities and revitalize Ventura Blvd. Businesses are in process of updating their buildings to improve economic development. Also, we are encouraging new businesses to move in area.
Demographic and Community Info
Nyeland Acres was identified as a Disadvantaged Unincorporated Community in
March, 2012 as defined under Senate Bill 244.
71% are under age 34
(35% are under 19)
Median Household income = $41,056